BlueSky will provide you with an extraordinary education – your way – leading to a high school diploma. Access your classes and assignments anytime, from anywhere, and know you have the support you need to succeed. At BlueSky, the sky is the limit!
As an accredited, free, state approved public charter school, Minnesota students in grades 7-12 take all courses needed to meet middle school requirements or to earn a high school diploma.
BlueSky invites students from across the state of Minnesota to take 1 – 3 course(s) online while staying enrolled in their home district.
Although most students that are Minnesota residents can enroll for free in either our full-time or supplemental programs, some students may opt for a tuition enrollment.
BlueSky offers a six-week summer school session for current BlueSky students and a tuition-based option for non-BlueSky students.
Bluesky Enrollment Process
Apply OnlineLess than 5 min. to complete
Check Your Email!
- You will receive an email of acceptance confirmation or waitlist status from email@example.com.(within 30 minutes)
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing directions to create a guardian account and finish your forms. If you can’t find it, be sure to check your junk folder! (BlueSky staff will review application and respond within 2 school days)
Create Guardian Account30 min. to complete
Log in to create your new guardian account and complete your enrollment forms!
What To Expect Next:
- A BlueSky Counselor or Supplemental Coordinator will reach out to schedule your intake meeting.(within 3 school days)
- Your position on the waitlist will be reviewed and you will receive a weekly status update.
- Once approved, a counselor will reach out to schedule an intake meeting.(within 3 school days)
What To Expect:
- Help us get to know you!
- Review BlueSky’s program and basic expectations.
- Finalize your class schedule and schedule orientation.
- Expect an email from your counselor or supplemental coordinator with your email login and instructions!
You are now enrolled at bluesky!
- You will learn how to navigate through a course and how to complete different assignment types.
- Full-time students and parents attend a 45-minute live online orientation where we will discuss expectations and how to use BlueSky systems.
- You are now a BlueSky Student!
- You will receive access to your courses!
Please visit our Technical Requirements page for details.
Statement of Admission Policies and Procedures
BlueSky does not limit admission to any type of student as outlined in MN Statute 124D.10 subd. 9. We currently have budgeted for 510 ADM and are staffed to accommodate this number of students on average throughout the year. BlueSky’s enrollment lottery policy will go into effect if/when our student capacity is reached.
All students are enrolled through our online application. Staff are available to help families through the enrollment process if necessary. The enrollment application complies with state law and has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Education. Students fill out a two part enrollment form and submit it electronically. The form is received by BlueSky staff who assign a counselor, student services advisor, and social worker to the new student. The student and their parent(s) or guardian(s) are contacted by a counselor who gathers academic history, obtains necessary permissions, and enrolls them in classes.
The school will provide a lottery when more students apply for admission than can be accommodated in a program, class, grade level, or building and will comply with MN Statute 124D.10 subd. 9.
Click HERE to view BlueSky’s enrollment lottery process.
Students interested in playing NCAA sports should ensure they are taking courses that meet NCAA requirements. Courses can be reviewed in the NCAA high school portal at: https://web3.ncaa.org/hsportal/exec/hsAction?hsActionSubmit=searchHighSchool. Use ACT code 242228 to view BlueSky’s courses. At this point, only the Group Pace version of courses meet NCAA eligibility requirements.