Social Studies and Special Education Teacher
Where do you live?
I live in Savage with my wife and 3 daughters.
Why did you become a teacher?
I entered the field of education because of a love of working with students as well as because of a love for the subject areas encompassed within Social Studies.
Why did you choose BlueSky?
I chose to work at BlueSky because I believe online learning is going to become more and more important to education. In addition, the BlueSky staff is very close and caring and have the best interest of students in mind.
The BlueSky staff is very close and caring and have the best interest of students in mind.
What do you think makes BlueSky special?
Teachers create their own lessons and maintain close contact with their students at BlueSky. This makes BlueSky the best online public school in Minnesota.
What do you like to do when you're not teaching?
I am a huge Minnesota sports fan. I love all Minnesota sports teams, especially the Vikings. I enjoy reading, fishing, and building things (although they might not always turn out the way I had planned).
If there were one thing you could tell people about BlueSky, what would it be?
BlueSky builds relationships between staff and students working toward the goal of every student graduating with a high school diploma.
- B.S., Social Studies Composite-Education,Winona State University
- Gifted/Creative/Talented Certificate, St. Thomas University
- Special Education Licensure Program, Learning Disabilities, St. Thomas University
- Masters, University of St. Thomas
- Minnesota Teaching Licenses: 7-12 Social Studies, K-12 Special Education – Learning Disabilities